Who doesn’t love a good old fashioned, bare knuckled slugfest between men which, let’s face it, in Fight Club seems like the ideal bonding experience. Although the instigator of this method is not all together sane, it makes for one hell of a movie! So here are 7 things you probably didn’t know about Fight Club. Spoiler Alert
- Before the narrator (Edward Norton) meets Tyler (Brad Pitt), Tyler appears to the narrator whenever he is frustrated, thus creating the foundation for Tyler.
2. Tyler included a warning to society after the piracy warning in the beginning of the movie.
- Brad Pitt and Edward Norton went to soap making classes to prepare for the movie.
4. Tyler appears in an advertisement for a hotel in the beginning of the movie, this is where the narrator developed his appearance.
- The car that they destroy in the parking lot is a beetle, this is because both Brad Pitt and Edward Norton hated the beetle because it represented peace and love in the 60’s to the same people who became corporate big shots in the 90’s, completely diverting from the ideals of their youth.
6. Helena Bonham Carter insisted that makeup artists applied her makeup with their left hands to ensure that her makeup was as imperfect as possible, to match her character.
7. Rosie O’Donnell went to watch Fight Club and made an announcement on her show the following week, stating that she hadn’t slept since she watched it, pleaded with her audience not to watch it and proceeded to give away the twist at the end, twice. Brad Pitt and Edward Norton said on the dvd commentary that her actions were “unforgivable”.
If you havn’t seen Fight Club, where have you been? It is arguably the best action thriller of its time, and has maintained it’s relevance throughout the 15 years that it has been around. Securing both Brad Pitt and Edward Norton’s positions as A-listers, and with cameos from rock legends (Meat Loaf and Jared Leto) there is something for everyone.
See you at the movies!